Saturday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins continued to showcase the evolution of the Vegas Golden Knights. Besides scoring in the power play in each of their last 4 games (it’s really working this year), this game helped the Vegas Golden Knights reach several other important milestones.
- The Golden Knights reached 100 regular season franchise wins after beating the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-0. Only 3 teams in NHL history have required less than 200 games to reach 100 regular season wins, and they did that almost 100 years ago. In fact, only the Ottawa Senators have reached 100 wins faster (165 games, compared to VGK’s 173 games), but they entered the league in 1917. This means that Gerard Gallant has 100 wins as head coach of the Knights… pretty much making him the best coach to grace the NHL since CARS were mass produced.
- Marc-Andre Fleury saved his way into 445 career wins- and he did it against his old team. This LEGEND is now tied with Terry Sawchuck for 7th place in all-time wins. He also made 29 saves and ended the Penguins’ 5-game win streak. Congratulations Flower!
- William Karlsson scored an empty netter at the end of the third period, giving him his first goal of the season. Hopefully this will be the start of many more to come.
- Jake Bischoff can now brag to all his friends that he shut out the opponents in his first ever NHL game.
- Reilly Smith and Mark Stone continue to lead the team in goals this season. Both have 6 goals, and it seems like they are either in competition, or they’ve made an agreement to score goals together, because they have never been more than 1 goal apart from each other. If they continue on this streak, this could be a career year for both of them.
With this kind of momentum, the Knights are on their way to an amazing season! #CupIn3