Trying to decide on how to spend your time while our Vegas Golden Knights are away on a road trip? Why don’t you round up your extra posters, game stubs, scrapbook, or even your fan favorite pictures and get your crafting on! Here is a simple tutorial on how to craft some VGK themed coasters.
*This post contains affiliate links. Learn more here.
White Ceramic Wall Tile 4- ¼ in. x 4- ¼ in.- Home Depot sells these for $0.16 each.
VGK Fan Memorabilia- Posters, flyers, etc.
Felt, Self-Adhesive Felt Pads, or Cork- Felt and pads can be found at craft stores or Walmart. Cork can be found here.
Clear Acrylic Spray – Found at craft stores or on Amazon (here)
*You can find the three cutting tools on Amazon here: Cutting Set Bundle
- Start by cutting 4 pieces of felt into 4 x 4 squares. Placing felt squares, felt pads, or cork on the bottom of your tile makes it so it does not scratch your furniture.
2. Using your foam brush, apply an evenly thick layer of Mod Podge on the bottom of the tile. Firmly press and smooth down your material. If you are using felt pads, you will either need to permanently glue them on or peal the backing off the self-adhesive pads, then place them in the corners of the tile. Repeat the process for each tile in your four-piece set.
3. Next cut 4 pieces of scrapbook paper into 4 x 4 squares, or 4 4 x 4 fan favorite photos into 4 x 4 squares. You can find the VGK logos on your posters, just cut out the ones that work best for you.
4. Using your foam brush apply a thin layer of Mod Podge on a clean white ceramic tile. Next place your scrapbook paper or photo evenly on the tile, pressing down and smoothing out until there are no air bubbles underneath. If you are using VGK cut out logos, you will need to apply a thin layer of Mod Podge for the logo to stick to the scrapbook paper. Repeat the process for each tile in your four-piece set.
Allow the Mod Podge to dry for a few minutes before applying the top coats (the Mod Podge goes from white to clear and that’s when you know it is good to continue to your next step). You will need to place two evenly spread layers of Mod Podge to seal your work, allowing 10 minutes to dry between layers.
5. After your last layer of Mod Podge has dried you will want to apply a thin layer of clear coat to make sure your project is waterproof. Place in a well-ventilated air to dry overnight.
These coasters are a great use for your extra memorabilia and to keep a lasting VGK memory. You can also use them as a birthday gift, Christmas gift, or house warming gift. Go Knights Go!
Keep a look out for more great crafting ideas from our VGK Ladies craft expert, Rachelle O’Dell!